GAP Graduate role at Cranbrook School
Cranbrook is an Anglican independent day and boarding school for boys, Pre-school to Year 12.
Our Vision is to be a world-class school which encourages and enables all of our students to explore, enjoy and fulfil their potential.
At Cranbrook we lead all students to discover and make the most of their talents, to give of their best and to thrive in and love the pursuit of excellence. We energise the educational environment by offering a well-rounded, rich and distinctive schooling both within and beyond the curriculum and give powerful pastoral support to each student in our care.
We build resilience and confidence within our students so that each can face the challenges of the twenty-first century with personal confidence, intellectual versatility, academic hunger and optimism.
The School motto esse quam videri means 'to be rather than to seem to be' and this resonates through all that we do.
Cranbrook is situated in a great spot in Sydney. We are in the Eastern Suburbs and about 10 mins away from Bondi Beach. It is a great place to be based in Sydney and explore what the city has to offer. We are an all-boys School with both day and boarding.
We have close links to Eastern Suburbs, Randwick and Sydney University Rugby Clubs and we encourage GAP students to play for a local club as a way of experiencing more of Australia. We also have connections with Eastern Suburbs Cricket Club and we have staff who coach at UNSW Cricket Club also.
Further information about the School can be found at www.cranbrook.nsw.edu.au
The GAP Graduate post offers an opportunity for a graduate to gain experience in education and a boarding environment.
Scope of role:
The work is varied and that variety, is to some extent, determined by the personality, enthusiasm and skillset of the individual.
Main duties / responsibilities:
• To be assigned to a department – dependent upon degree – to assist with the preparation of resources, classroom observations etc.
• To participate in CITF (outward bound trips), departmental visits and school trips.
• To assist and coach sport as appropriate.
• To undertake boarding duties and assist with tutorial support for the boarders, prep supervision, evening sport activities.
• To assist with boarding activities and events.
• To assist with Learning Support Department during examination periods – this may include invigilation duties, acting as a scribe for a candidate.
• To undertake School wide duties such as lunchtime supervision, College supervision, bus duty etc.
Accommodation and full board is provided by the school – meals are provided only during term time.
To be discussed
408 Visa – the School will provide all documentation to support your application – you are responsible for the application and costs incurred.
Can be obtained by contacting James Boyd – email@example.com