Post-Durham Opportunities and Links
After Durham / Gap Year
Trinity University Dublin
ALL ABOVE AND JOBS BELOW SEE KEAYSIE FOR INFORMATION and INTRODUCTION
Whitgift and we run a graduate program here for students wanting to pursue teaching or gain further experience, it has the option of a teaching qualification too in Year 2.
BRIGHTON COLLEGE - POST GRAD TEACHING POSTS
ISLE OF MAN
Two Sports Grads posts (male/female) to assist in the Sports Department. Obviously that could suit someone who is considering a teaching career who wants to gain some experience or to see if teaching/coaching is for them. Further details can be found attached
In conjunction with Douglas RUFC, there is a post available that encompasses elements of a Sports Grad job here at KWC coupled with a player/coach role at Douglas who currently play in NW One (Level 6). Details are also attached.
Independent Coach Education
Daniel Scargill is recruiting Durham University leavers for Sport Graduate roles in schools. Dan is recruiting young rugby-coaches to start work as a full-time residential sports coach within an elite school here in the UK.
Posts start in Sept 2018-July 2019 and include: wage (from £1,000 per month), free accommodation, all meals and no bills.
Sport Graduate jobs are ideal for young coaches in their 20’s who have experience in coaching children and/or have played to a high level.
Coaching badges preferred but not essential.
Please contact Dan Scargill immediately if you are interested for further information. Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile - 07500 701 878.
Further information at:
New Zealand Opportunities
Kia Tu Excellence Programme
In June 2018 they are looking to invite 4 (2 Male, 2 Female) Durham University Rugby Players to join us for a Rugby and Cultural experience that they will never forget.
The Kia Tu Rugby Excellence Programme has been developed over 14 years and has now partnered with the University of Waikato to establish a programme there.
International Partnerships are a key part of the programme and they have already established these relationships in the US and Japan.
Duration: 2-4 weeks.
Waikato University Rugby Programme
1) Durham Students will train at the University of Waikato. These trainings will include Monday/ Wednesday morning boxing and Fitness sessions and on Monday afternoon they will have skills training. On Tuesday/Thursday evening there will be Team trainings. Players need to ensure that they have finalised the necessary paper work so that Students are able to play games while in NZ.
2) The University will give full gym memberships for all 4 players for the duration of their stay.
3) There will be qualified trainers at all key training sessions.
4)As part of the programme Durham students will stay with University of Waikato rugby students. They will be given and opportunity to attend some classes with their host, to really embrace the NZ experience.
5) The University of Waikato with give Durham Students and opportunity to learn about ‘Maori Culture’ and the origins of the Haka.
6) The University of Waikato will Provide tickets for player to attend a Chiefs Game.
1) Durham Players will get the opportunity to do a training session at the Chiefs Headquarters.
2) 1 of the Chiefs trainers will take Durham players through a full rehab session, with a goal to improve players awareness around the importance of rehab.
3) Durham Players will be given the opportunity to help-out/ participate during a Chiefs Training session.
4) Durham Students will get an opportunity to talk with key Chiefs players.
St Paul’s Collegiate
1) St Paul’s will provide a skills trainer that will work exclusively with Durham Students twice a week throughout there stay in NZ.
2) St Paul’s Collegiate will organise for players to experience NZ family life, by organise a Homestay while players are in NZ.
3) As part of their stay Durham Students would visit the Waitomo Caves for an Adventure of a life time.
We have a range of cultural experiences that can be added to the programme depending on time and budget.
🔺1 night farm stay for Yale Students on one of Waikato‘s most beautiful Sheep and Beef farms.
🔺Pauanui Fishing Trip (2 days)
🔺Rotorua Adventure Trip
🔺Auckland Trip (2 days)
Approximate cost per week - £318
- Set up of exchange
- Supervisor / Guide
- Waitomo Caves Adventure
- Rental Car
🔺Full S and C Programme
🔺Rugby Coaching Programme
🔺Game(S) with University of Waikato Team.
🔺Working with the Chiefs
🔺NZ Student life
It is possible to add another couple of activities in there depending on time which will be included in the cost. Fishing Trip/ Farm Stay etc.
Post Durham Rugby in London
If you are moving to London next year and keen on playing rugby, the HAC are recruiting for the 2018/19 season.
The 1st XV have just won London 2 North West (Level 7) and have been promoted to London 1 North (Level 6; 1 league below National 3).
The 2nd XV have won Middlesex Merit Table 1 and the Middlesex Cup and are looking to play in the Zoo Leagues next season (Level 8).
We also have a 3rd XV who play in Middlesex Merit Table 2 (finished 3rd last season) and an Occasionals team who play 8-10 social fixtures a season.
The HAC play at the famous Armoury House, which is where the Rugby League Varsity is held. It is the second most expensive pitch in the world (after Hong Kong).
We train once a week on Wednesday evenings from 7-830pm and whilst we encourage people to come, we also recognise that people may have work commitments as well.
Our Director of Rugby, Jack Pattinson (former DURFC: 2010-2013), is the Junior Academy Manager at London Irish and our Head Coach, Rhys Davies, currently works for England Rugby.
We have 100 active players and are looking to strengthen even further for the season ahead.
If you are keen on joining, please get in touch with Jack Pattinson directly at: or 07738681607, with your date of birth, full name and address in London (if you know this already).
Please also see the link below to our Club website and on the main page has a video of our 2017/18 End of Season highlights:
Inside Running Academy GAP Year Scholarships
$10,000 scholarships are available*
Our GAP Year Programme commences Sunday 5 January 2020 and is a 20 Week Programme.
Our GAP Year Programme is designed for aspiring male or female high-performance rugby players aged 17+.
The programme gives players the taste of the life of a full-time professional rugby player with up to 13 training sessions per week.
*This scholarship reduces the cost of our 20 Week GAP Year programme by $10,000.
Email your rugby history along with a video (if you have one) along with a statement outlining why you should be the successful recipient to Academy Director, Mike Rogers on email@example.com. Scholarships will be awarded on a first-in, first-served basis so get your application in ASAP.
For further information please email Mike on the details provided above.